Almond Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 10 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2-2/3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer a fourth of the bread and cheese. Repeat three times. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, salt and extract; pour over top. Cover; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Almond Cheese Casserole(2)
Sort By :
Delicious - if you like almonds. Reheats well.
I wanted a meatless breakfast casserole and this is absolutely perfect. It tastes great and has an excellent presentation. Don't change anything in the recipe. I have made it numerous times.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >