Almond Cheddar Appetizers Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce; stir in cheese, onion, almonds and bacon.
- Cut bread into 1/2-in. slices; spread with cheese mixture. Cut slices in half; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Cheddar Appetizers(40)
Sort By :
Have made this recipe twice. The first exactly like written and the second with a minor change. Both were served to dinner guests and both were completely devoured. The change made was to use baguettes instead of French bread. Taste is the same, but the presentation is prettier. Will use this recipe again and again.
These appetizers are always a huge hit! I make them up ahead and pop them in the freezer (before baking) then you can just heat them up when unexpected company arrives.
Very good!! Easy to make and tastes so good.
I have been making this for years - known to us as simply "Mrs. Vickers" - I have always made it on bread slices but will try it on a french stick next time - I generally have them in my freezer -if there are any left -and friends ask me to bring these to their "Appie" parties - great 'go to' recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >