Almond Cheddar Appetizers
Meet the Cook: I always try to have a supply of these on hand in the freezer. If guests drop in, I just pull out and reheat some.
You can serve them as a snack, for brunch or along with a lighter lunch.
My husband and I have three married daughters, four grandsons and another grandchild on the way.
-Linda Thompson, Southampton, Ontario
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce; stir in
- cheese, onion, almonds and bacon.
- Cut bread into 1/2-in. slices; spread with cheese mixture. Cut slices
- in half; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10
- minutes or until bubbly. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Editor's Note: Unbaked appetizers may be frozen. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet; freeze for 1 hour. Remove from the baking sheet and store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. When ready to use, place unthawed appetizers on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 250 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.