Almond Cheddar Appetizers Recipe
Meet the Cook: I always try to have a supply of these on hand in the freezer. If guests drop in, I just pull out and reheat some. You can serve them as a snack, for brunch or along with a lighter lunch. My husband and I have three married daughters, four grandsons and another grandchild on the way. -Linda Thompson, Southampton, Ontario
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce; stir in cheese, onion, almonds and bacon.
Cut bread into 1/2-in. slices; spread with cheese mixture. Cut slices in half; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly.
Freeze option: Place unbaked appetizers in a single layer on a baking sheet; freeze for 1 hour. Remove from pan and store in an airtight container for up to 2 months. When ready to use, place thawed appetizers on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 250 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC