- 2 chai tea bags
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 250°. Steep tea bags in boiling water 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine oats, almonds and coconut. Discard tea bags; stir remaining ingredient into teas. Pour tea mixture over oat mixture; mix well to coat.
- Spread evenly in a greased 15x10-in. rimmed pan. Bake until golden brown, stirring every 20 minutes, about 1-1/4 hours. Cool completely without stirring; store in an airtight container. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Almond-Chai Granola in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p80
Reviews for Almond-Chai Granola
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review