Almond Celery Bake
It takes a creative cook like Mom to find a way to make celery star in a satisfying side dish. She combines celery slices with a creamy sauce, cheddar cheese and crunchy almonds. It's deliciously different!
-Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 bunch celery, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Place the celery in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- cheese, paprika and pepper. Top with the soup. Sprinkle with bread
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the
- almonds. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 89 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.