Almond Celery Bake Recipe
It takes a creative cook like Mom to find a way to make celery star in a satisfying side dish. She combines celery slices with a creamy sauce, cheddar cheese and crunchy almonds. It's deliciously different! -Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- 1 bunch celery, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Place the celery in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, paprika and pepper. Top with the soup. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the almonds. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 89 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC