It takes a creative cook like Mom to find a way to make celery star in a satisfying side dish. She combines celery slices with a creamy sauce, cheddar cheese and crunchy almonds. It's deliciously different! -Judi Messina, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
- 1 bunch celery, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Place the celery in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, paprika and pepper. Top with the soup. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the almonds. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Almond Celery Bake in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p35
Reviews for Almond Celery Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review