Almond Cake with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- Line an 8-in. round baking pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond paste, 3/4 cup sugar and butter; beat for 2 minutes until blended. Beat in the eggs, liqueur and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Invert cake onto cake plate; remove parchment paper. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Place raspberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Strain, reserving juice; discard seeds. In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook raspberry juice and remaining sugar for 15-18 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup. Serve with cake. Yield: 12 servings (1/4 cup sauce).
Originally published as Almond Cake with Raspberry Sauce in Grill It Bookazine 2013 2013
Reviews for Almond Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Desserts >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >