Almond Cake with Raspberry Sauce
This cake is simple, but is delectable and looks elegant. The cake is very moist with great flavor. The drizzle of raspberry sauce, not only adds to the enjoyment of the dessert, but it looks beautiful on the plate. —Joan Sullivan, Gambrills, Maryland
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 can (8 ounces) almond paste
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- Line an 8-in. round baking pan with parchment paper; coat paper with
- cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond paste, 3/4 cup sugar and butter;
- beat for 2 minutes until blended. Beat in the eggs, liqueur and
- extract. Combine flour and baking powder; add to creamed mixture
- just until combined.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely on
- a wire rack.
- Invert cake onto cake plate; remove parchment paper. Sprinkle with