These are very light and flavorful rolls. The filling gives them a wonderful taste.
36 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 3-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Add 1/4 cup sugar and
- butter; mix well. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt and
- remaining sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after
- each addition. Add yeast mixture; beat until smooth. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.