Almond Butter Cutouts Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup ground almonds
- Colored sugar and frosting, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks and extract. Combine flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in ground almonds. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 2. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut with cookie cutters; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Frost if desired. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 166 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Butter Cutouts
"I make this recipe every year for Christmas. I do substitute walnuts for the almonds for the cost."