Almond Butter Cutouts Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup ground almonds
- Colored sugar and frosting, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks and extract. Combine flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in ground almonds. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 2. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut with cookie cutters; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Frost if desired. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
2 each: 166 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Almond Butter Cutouts
"I make this recipe every year for Christmas. I do substitute walnuts for the almonds for the cost."