Almond Butter Cutouts Recipe
"Ground almonds spread festive flavor throughout these cutouts," remarks field editor Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. "My grandchildren love to dress them up with colored sugar or frosting."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup ground almonds
- Colored sugar and frosting, optional
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks and extract. Combine flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in ground almonds. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- 2. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut with cookie cutters; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Frost if desired. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 166 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Butter Cutouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC