- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup ground almonds
- Colored sugar and frosting, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks and extract. Combine flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in ground almonds. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut with cookie cutters; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Frost if desired. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Butter Cutouts in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p8
Reviews for Almond Butter Cutouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2010
I make this recipe every year for Christmas. I do substitute walnuts for the almonds for the cost.