Almond Butter Cutouts Recipe
"Ground almonds spread festive flavor throughout these cutouts," remarks field editor Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. "My grandchildren love to dress them up with colored sugar or frosting."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup ground almonds
- Colored sugar and frosting, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolks and extract. Combine flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in ground almonds. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 3/8-in. thickness. Cut with cookie cutters; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Cool on wire racks. Frost if desired. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Butter Cutouts in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p8
Reviews for Almond Butter Cutouts(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2010
I make this recipe every year for Christmas. I do substitute walnuts for the almonds for the cost.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >