Almond Butter Cookies
I came up with this cookie recipe as a way to capture a butter cake popular in my husband's native Netherlands. Almond paste and butter make each melt-in-your-mouth morsel irresistible.
39 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 6 ounces almond paste
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, almond paste and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda;
- gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 115 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.