Almond-Butter Cookie Bouquet Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces almond paste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wooden skewers or lollipop sticks
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 teaspoons evaporated milk
- Food coloring of your choice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; add almond paste. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with floured 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Insert skewers or sticks. Bake 7-8 minutes or until firm. Let stand 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk. Divide into small bowls; tint with food coloring. Gently spread icing over cooled cookies. Decorate with other colors of icing if desired. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 184 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Almond-Butter Cookie Bouquet
"This is a great recipe. My niece made these for our Mother's Day dessert. She served them as pictured in a basket with foam in the bottom and "grass". We also bought a brightly colored flowerpot at Michael's and made an individual pot for my mother to take home."
"This cookie is delicious. I use it in place of all sugar cookie recipes."
"I don't have all the ingredients to make this yet, but I think this is a great idea. Thanks."