Almond Brussels Sprouts
I have no trouble getting my kids to eat their vegetables. I exposed them to a variety of vegetables at an early age helped. They love these tender brussels sprouts, which have just the right amount of nutty crunch.Kathie Morris, Redmond, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Place brussels sprouts and broth in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add
- almonds and butter; stir until combined. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 85 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.