- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate syrup and extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (brownies may appear moist). Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and 1 cup whipped topping; stir until smooth. Cool. Fold in extract and remaining whipped topping. Spread over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with almonds. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Brownies
"Really good. My oldest grandson thought there should be more almond. But I thought the taste was just right. Will make again."
"These were delicious - will make again!"
"Did NOT like the frosting made with whipped topping! It is gummy and strange. Everyone here was disappointed because they love my normal brownie recipe. We scraped the frosting off and ate the brownies."
"21g of Carbs for a single brownie does not make this a diabetic friendly snack and stating that it is can be dangerous!"