Almond Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
The broccoli retains its lovely green color when stir-fried, so this dish is not only easy to make but pretty to serve. The almonds add a nutty crunch that everyone really likes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 10 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; cook for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle with lemon juice and almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 132 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC