The broccoli retains its lovely green color when stir-fried, so this dish is not only easy to make but pretty to serve. The almonds add a nutty crunch that everyone really likes.
- 10 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in the soy sauce, sugar and ginger; cook for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Sprinkle with lemon juice and almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Almond Broccoli Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p27
Reviews for Almond Broccoli Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review