Almond Bread Pudding Recipe
- 6 croissants
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup almond paste, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- STRAWBERRY CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- Cut croissants into 1/2-in. pieces; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sugar and extracts. Pour over croissants; let stand for 10 minutes. Dot with almond paste; sprinkle with almonds (dish will be full).
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir sugar with a wooden spoon until sugar has melted and turned a deep amber color, about 20 minutes.
- Add 1 cup cream (mixture will bubble). Stir in remaining cream; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until caramelized sugar is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in strawberries. Serve with bread pudding. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Almond Bread Pudding(5)
Sort By :
This is an amazing recipe. Simply elegant. Simple to make. I am making it again today (3rd request). It has become a family favorite! With or with out the sauce (2nd time, omitted the stawberries) A fresh whip cream with a touch of almond extract, rocked everyones world!
I've made this many times and it's always a hit! I never serve it with a topping-nobody misses it!
Found this recipe in one of the T of H mags about 10 years ago, and everyone loved it. Lost the mag/recipe and so happy that it's on this website. Most people prefer whipped cream over the sauce or just by itself. Easy and delicious!
The bread pudding was wonderful by itself.We found the sause too sweet and overpowering.As a substitute, we took a tub of whipped topping and placed several drops of almond flavoring in it to taste .We mixed this together and had it on the side if people wanted something on top.DELICIOUS!!!
We used this recipe for our annual "Christmas in October" extended family get-together. It was so good we dubbed it "better-than-sex-cake 2." The caramel strawberry sauce is um-um-good and very easy to make. We loved it.