- 1-3/4 cups All-Bran
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- In a bowl, combine the bran, milk, applesauce, butter and almond extract; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl; stir in egg whites and bran mixture. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Bran Muffins in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p55
Reviews for Almond Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review