These make a nice change from the typical chocolate brownie. When I bake up a batch, they never last long at my house.—Cindy Pruitt, Grove, Oklahoma
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and brown sugar for 3 minutes. Add butter and extracts; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture beating just until blended. Fold in almonds.
- Pour into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Almond Blondies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p87
Reviews for Almond Blondies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review