Almond Berry Pancakes Recipe
Whole wheat flour and two kinds of berries add an extra helping of nutrition to these hearty pancakes. It’s a breakfast I feel good about eating. —Sarah Haengel, Yokohama, Japan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch YIELD:5 servings
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, butter and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; sprinkle with berries. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Yield: 10 pancakes.
2 pancakes equals 239 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC