- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- In a small bowl, pour milk over oats; let stand for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, beat the almond paste, butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with oat mixture. Fold in 1/4 cup almonds.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with raspberries. Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with coarse sugar and remaining almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Almond Berry Bread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p27
Reviews for Almond Berry Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review