- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle roast with flour and pepper. In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk chicken soup and cider until blended; stir in soup mix. Pour over roast. Bake, covered, 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook wild rice according to package directions. Stir in parsley and butter.
- Remove roast from pan. Stir almonds into sauce in pan. Serve roast with rice and sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Almond Beef Roast with Wild Rice in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Almond Beef Roast with Wild Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review