"This is one of my favorite recipes for last-minute school bake sales," writes Sandy Kerrison from her home in Lockport, New York. "The cake-like snacks are the first items to go...that is, if they're not grabbed by a teacher first. I also include them in Christmas cookie gift baskets."
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until lemon-colored. Beat in
- butter and extract; gradually stir in the four and mix well. Spread
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.