Almond Bacon Chicken Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a microwave, cook bacon on paper towels on high for 1 to 2-1/2 minutes or until partially cooked.
- 2. Wrap a bacon strip around each chicken breast. Sprinkle with pepper. Arrange in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 minutes; drain.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine soup and broth; cover and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Spoon around chicken. Cook, uncovered, 3-6 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 259 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 816mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (trace sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Almond Bacon Chicken
"Bacon is good with anything, but the almond really adds a lot to this dish!I would have never thought to put almonds with chicken,.There's a coupon for $1 off of any HarvestLand Product here: (They have really good organic chicken. =] )http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/1-off-any-harvestland-product-2.html"
"This dish was tasty and my husband enjoyed it since it had bacon in it. I did have to use Lipton onion soup mix with cream of mushroom soup in lieu of Campbells onion soup since it was not available. I also baked it instead of using the microwave."
"I baked this dish, as suggested by others, and it was very tasty and moist. However, I would use fully cooked, crumbled bacon and simply mix it in with the soup next time. I also added mushrooms."
"I baked this at 350 for 25 minutes instead of microwaving. Worked out very well and nice flavor."
"Thanks so much for this easy and excellent recipe! I cooked it in the oven, though - boneless chicken breast halves take about 30 minutes max at 350. I browned the chicken quickly first and put the soup mixture in with the chicken when I put it in the oven. Will definitely add this to my list of recipes to do regularly."
"We all loved it, even the kid that "doesn't like onions"! I used cream of celery soup and a lg TBSP of onion soup mix because I couldn't find cream of onion. I did in microwave, put almonds on and finished in oven 15 minutes while rolls cooked. Next time I would add a second piece of bacon!"
"can this be done in the oven? If so what temperature and for how long?Thanks"
"I would prefer to have this recipe done in the oven- Chicken in the micro is tough"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.