Almond Bacon Chicken Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a microwave, cook bacon on paper towels on high for 1 to 2-1/2 minutes or until partially cooked.
- 2. Wrap a bacon strip around each chicken breast. Sprinkle with pepper. Arrange in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 minutes; drain.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine soup and broth; cover and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Spoon around chicken. Cook, uncovered, 3-6 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 259 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 816 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.