"We enjoyed this flavorful dish at a friend's house years ago, and I had to have the recipe," writes Ruth Peterson of Jenison, Michigan. "She assembled it so quickly, and it cooked in no time."
- 4 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, cook bacon on paper towels on high for 1 to 2-1/2 minutes or until partially cooked.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each chicken breast. Sprinkle with pepper. Arrange in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soup and broth; cover and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Spoon around chicken. Cook, uncovered, 3-6 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Almond Bacon Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p8
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Bacon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review