- 4 bacon strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, cook bacon on paper towels on high for 1 to 2-1/2 minutes or until partially cooked.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each chicken breast. Sprinkle with pepper. Arrange in an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 5-1/2 minutes; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine soup and broth; cover and microwave for 1-1/2 minutes. Spoon around chicken. Cook, uncovered, 3-6 minutes longer or until juices run clear. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Almond Bacon Chicken
Sort By :
"Bacon is good with anything, but the almond really adds a lot to this dish!I would have never thought to put almonds with chicken,.There's a coupon for $1 off of any HarvestLand Product here: (They have really good organic chicken. =] )http://printablecouponsanddeals.com/2013/10/1-off-any-harvestland-product-2.html"
"This dish was tasty and my husband enjoyed it since it had bacon in it. I did have to use Lipton onion soup mix with cream of mushroom soup in lieu of Campbells onion soup since it was not available. I also baked it instead of using the microwave."
"I baked this dish, as suggested by others, and it was very tasty and moist. However, I would use fully cooked, crumbled bacon and simply mix it in with the soup next time. I also added mushrooms."
"I baked this at 350 for 25 minutes instead of microwaving. Worked out very well and nice flavor."
"Thanks so much for this easy and excellent recipe! I cooked it in the oven, though - boneless chicken breast halves take about 30 minutes max at 350. I browned the chicken quickly first and put the soup mixture in with the chicken when I put it in the oven. Will definitely add this to my list of recipes to do regularly."