Almond-Bacon Cheese Crostini Recipe
For a change from the usual toasted tomato appetizer, try these baked bites. If you like, slice the baguette at an angle instead of making a straight cut. —Leondre Hermann, Stuart, Florida
- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), cut into 36 slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Dash salt
- Additional toasted almonds, optional
- 1. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, almonds, bacon, onion and salt. Spread over bread. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional almonds if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (calculated without additional almonds)equals 120 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC