Almond-Avocado Tossed Salad Recipe
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette or vinaigrette of your choice
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Sprinkle with almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings.
3/4 cup: 105 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Almond-Avocado Tossed Salad
"Made this for my tennis team pot luck luncheon. Served it with a bottled raspberry vinaigrette dressing. It was a hit. Prepared it around 7:00am and kept it on ice in a small cooler while we played. When lunch was served more than five hours later, it was still fresh and simply beautiful. Got many compliments on how it looked and how it tasted."
"It's a salad1"
"Really liked this salad and so impressed with the idea of removing the seeds from the cucumbers - now my husband enjoys cucumbers in salads too!"
"I made this for my Bunco night last Wednesday. It was a HUGE hit! Everyone went back for seconds. I served it with Honey-Poppyseed dressing."