Almond-Avocado Tossed Salad Recipe
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette or vinaigrette of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Sprinkle with almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Almond-Avocado Tossed Salad(3)
Sort By :
Really liked this salad and so impressed with the idea of removing the seeds from the cucumbers - now my husband enjoys cucumbers in salads too!
Even my dh loved this salad, which is a little unusual for him to like a salad with nuts and fruit. We had this with grilled lamb steaks and it was fantastic.
I made this for my Bunco night last Wednesday. It was a HUGE hit! Everyone went back for seconds. I served it with Honey-Poppyseed dressing.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >
- Salads >