I received this recipe from a friend, and my guests always rave about it. It's so easy to prepare! I didn't think it could be improved upon, but almonds add a nice crunch. Fresh and colorful, it also travels well in warm weather. &dmash;Suzanne Sager, Dallas, Texas
- 3 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 small cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey-roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup red wine vinaigrette or vinaigrette of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Sprinkle with almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Almond-Avocado Tossed Salad in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p40
Reviews for Almond-Avocado Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review