If you love asparagus, this dish is perfect for you. The almonds adds a bit of crunch to the recipe.Helen Manhart, Neola, Iowa
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in
- bread crumbs, garlic and dill; saute until crumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from heat; stir in the almonds and cheese. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Drain;
- heat with remaining butter. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Spoon
- asparagus into a serving dish and top with the reserved crumb
- mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 143 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.