Almond Asparagus Recipe
If you love asparagus, this dish is perfect for you. The almonds adds a bit of crunch to the recipe.—Helen Manhart, Neola, Iowa
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in bread crumbs, garlic and dill; saute until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in the almonds and cheese. Set aside.
- 2. Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Drain; heat with remaining butter. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Spoon asparagus into a serving dish and top with the reserved crumb mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 143 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC