- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in bread crumbs, garlic and dill; saute until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in the almonds and cheese. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Drain; heat with remaining butter. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Spoon asparagus into a serving dish and top with the reserved crumb mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Asparagus in Country Woman March/April 1991, p35
Reviews for Almond Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2010
"One of my first successful attempts at making asparagus. The recipe got outstanding reviews from the whole family and was very simple to make. Will definitely be reusing this recipe!"