If you love asparagus, this dish is perfect for you. The almonds adds a bit of crunch to the recipe.—Helen Manhart, Neola, Iowa
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in bread crumbs, garlic and dill; saute until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from heat; stir in the almonds and cheese. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender. Drain; heat with remaining butter. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Spoon asparagus into a serving dish and top with the reserved crumb mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Almond Asparagus in Country Woman March/April 1991, p35
Reviews for Almond Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review