- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, oil, sugar, eggs, salt, nutmeg and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add apricots and almonds. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down; let rest for 10 minutes. Turn onto a lightly floured surface;let rest for 10 minutes. Roll out into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut into 3-in. x 1-in. strips. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients;brush over warm logs. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Almond Apricot Logs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p11
Reviews for Almond Apricot Logs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review