Almond Apricot Jam Recipe
There's no added sugar in this jam, so even if you're watching your diet, you can enjoy it on your morning toast," notes Mary Fenske of Bricelyn, Minnesota. "There's no need to wait for harvest season to make it either, since the recipe calls for dried apricots. I often give this chunky spread as a gift to my four grown children and 10 grandkids."
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup diced dried apricots (8 ounces)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the apple juice and apricots; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until apricots are tender. Remove from heat. Mash until desired consistency. Stir in almond extract and cinnamon. Pour into a pint jar. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 2 cups.
1 tablespoon: 29 calories, 0.550g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0.550g fiber), 0.550g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 fruit
Reviews for Almond Apricot Jam
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC