Almond Apricot Jam Recipe
There's no added sugar in this jam, so even if you're watching your diet, you can enjoy it on your morning toast," notes Mary Fenske of Bricelyn, Minnesota. "There's no need to wait for harvest season to make it either, since the recipe calls for dried apricots. I often give this chunky spread as a gift to my four grown children and 10 grandkids."
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup diced dried apricots (8 ounces)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, combine the apple juice and apricots; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until apricots are tender. Remove from heat. Mash until desired consistency. Stir in almond extract and cinnamon. Pour into a pint jar. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Almond Apricot Jam in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p48
Reviews for Almond Apricot Jam(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review