Almond-Apricot Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding apricots during the last 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water; place in a large bowl. Add broccoli, chicken, onions and celery.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the next eight ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill until serving; fold in almonds. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 411 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 524mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Apricot Chicken Salad
"I just made this for a catering event a few weeks ago and received numerous complements and requests for the recipe. I followed the recipe but added a little sugar to the mayo and sour cream mix. It's a pretty salad and also it's a filling salad."
"Wonderful combination of flavors!!! Nice change from same old chicken salad.....Great Recipe!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.