Almond Apricot Bars Recipe
- 2 cups white baking chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chips and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Spread half of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Spread with jam.
- 3. Stir remaining chips into remaining batter. Drop by tablespoonfuls over jam; carefully spread over top. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares; cut squares in half. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 250 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Almond Apricot Bars
"My friends and family rave about these bars and I have made them many times with the apricot jam only. Can't wait to try the raspberry jam."
"I would love to make this, however, I don't know what "white baking chips" are and where I can find them. I would appreciate your response to my inquiry. Thank you."
"I have been making Razz Ma Tazz Bars for years, they are basically this recipe but with Seedless Raspberry instead. I have made it several times with Apricot and either way it's a huge hit! YOU MUST MAKE THESE!"
"I love the vanilla component. It's a nice blend of flavors."