Almond-Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
I make this moist and tangy coffee cake for small gatherings or to give to a friend in need of a little cheer.
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and apple pie spice. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until syrup is thickened and apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Spoon batter into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Arrange apple mixture over top; sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack. Remove sides of pan. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over top. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 182 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Almond-Apple Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC