Almond Apple Cheesecake Recipe
Cheesecake—who doesn’t like cheesecake? When the fruit ripens on our backyard trees, this treat is a must. The flavorful apple-cinnamon-nut topping and the raspberry jam layer make this dessert outstanding.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter,cubed
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; prick with a fork. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until soft but set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Carefully spread jam over crust. For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat just until blended. Spread over jam. For topping, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add apples and toss to coat. Spoon over filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 385 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Almond Apple Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC