Almond, Strawberry & Rhubarb Pie Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond cake and pastry filling
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in rhubarb and strawberries.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Fill with fruit mixture and dot with butter. Top with remaining pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in the top; brush with egg white and sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 35-45 minutes longer until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Solo brand cake and pastry filling. Look for it in the baking aisle. If using frozen fruit, measure fruit while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
1 piece: 427 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Almond, Strawberry & Rhubarb Pie
"i had ate rhubarb pie when me and my husband where in Jackson Hole, and i have always wanted to try making here in the south i could only find frozen rhubarb but it worked awesome in this recipe we loved it!"