- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond cake and pastry filling
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in rhubarb and strawberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate. Fill with fruit mixture and dot with butter. Top with remaining pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in the top; brush with egg white and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375°; bake 35-45 minutes longer until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cover edges with foil during the last 20 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Almond, Strawberry & Rhubarb Pie
"i had ate rhubarb pie when me and my husband where in Jackson Hole, and i have always wanted to try making here in the south i could only find frozen rhubarb but it worked awesome in this recipe we loved it!"