Almond & Mandarin Orange Salad Recipe
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 196 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 372 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Almond & Mandarin Orange Salad
"LOVE this recipe! It has quickly become a family favorite. I toast my almonds to bring out the flavor before adding them to the salad. YUMMY!"
"I don't even like bacon, and I enjoyed this salad. I did add some fresh lemon to the dressing, and I didn't have celery salt so I used celery seed instead. It turned out great, and my guests enjoyed it too!"
"This salad is amazing. The whole family loves it."
"This was a very good salad, a little sweet. Loved the bacon. Like another reviewer wrote, don't toss too early."
"Love this recipe. Made it for my bacon loving friends and got rave reviews."
"Even my no-greens eater made an exception for this since there was bacon in it. This was very good. Just be sure to wait until dinner is ready to toss with oranges and bacon or it will get soggy."