Almond & Cranberry Coconut Bread Recipe
Here’s an all-around great bread for any season. The red bursts of cranberry lend every slice extra appeal for Christmastime.
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Place coconut and almonds in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and extract until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with cream of coconut, beating well after each addition. Fold in the cranberries, coconut and almonds.
- 3. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice equals 273 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC