Almond & Cranberry Coconut Bread Recipe
Here’s an all-around great bread for any season. The red bursts of cranberry lend every slice extra appeal for Christmastime. —Rosemary Johnson, Irondale, Alabama
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream of coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1. Place coconut and almonds in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and extract until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with cream of coconut, beating well after each addition. Fold in the cranberries, coconut and almonds.
- 3. Transfer to two greased and floured 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice: 273 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Almond & Cranberry Coconut Bread
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2014
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC