It's healthy and delicious! Use a mixture of red and green apples to give it a pop of color. —Dan Wellberg, Elk River, Minnesota
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- Optional toppings: halved green grapes, cubed cheddar cheese and chopped red onion
- Cook wild rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss apples with 2 tablespoons orange juice. In another bowl, whisk the remaining orange juice, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add apples and celery to rice. Drizzle with dressing; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. Sprinkle with almonds; serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Almond & Apple Wild Rice Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p32
Reviews for Almond & Apple Wild Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2013
"I have made this recipe twice and both timesmy guests enjoyed the salad very much and asked for the recipe."
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
"I thought this recipe was just okay. It was a little oily for me. I think I should have used a better olive oil. Got lots of raves at a luncheon tho."