Almond & Apple Wild Rice Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- Optional toppings: halved green grapes, cubed cheddar cheese and chopped red onion
- 1. Cook wild rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss apples with 2 tablespoons orange juice. In another bowl, whisk the remaining orange juice, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- 3. Add apples and celery to rice. Drizzle with dressing; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. Sprinkle with almonds; serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without optional topping: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Almond & Apple Wild Rice Salad
"I have made this recipe twice and both timesmy guests enjoyed the salad very much and asked for the recipe."
"I thought this recipe was just okay. It was a little oily for me. I think I should have used a better olive oil. Got lots of raves at a luncheon tho."