Almond & Apple Wild Rice Salad
It's healthy and delicious! Use a mixture of red and green apples to give it a pop of color. —Dan Wellberg, Elk River, Minnesota
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- Optional toppings: halved green grapes, cubed cheddar cheese and chopped red onion
- Cook wild rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large
- bowl; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, toss apples with 2 tablespoons orange
- juice. In another bowl, whisk the remaining orange juice, oil,
- vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Add apples and celery to rice. Drizzle with dressing; toss to
- combine. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled. Sprinkle with almonds;
- serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 10 servings.