"People often tell me you can't call something 'lasagna' if it doesn't have meat. Then they try this dish and ask for the recipe," shares Kim Bender of Aurora, Colorado.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine the cottage cheese, ricotta and parsley. Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with three noodles and a third of the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with half the carrots, broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini and squash. Top with a third of the remaining sauce.
- Arrange half the spinach over spaghetti sauce; sprinkle with a third of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers of noodles, cheese mixture, vegetables, sauce, spinach and mozzarella. Top with the remaining noodles, cheese mixture, sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover tightly and bake 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Very Veggie Lasagna in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p52
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for All Veggie Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review