All-Star Apple Pie Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine pie filling, lemon juice and cinnamon; spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts, oats and coconut; sprinkle over pie filling.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown, covering edges loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 304 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for All-Star Apple Pie
"I made this for my husband for Fathers Day & he loved it! Only change I made was I added a little extra cinnamon & sugar to the apple pie filling because Hubby has a huge sweet tooth."
"This is my all time favorite apple pie recipe. I've made it several times & always gets lots of compliments!"