All-Star Apple Pie
"My two boys, Ben and Andy, made this scrumptious apple pie with a sweet, crunchy topping," relates Cindy Glick of Bradford, New York. It's simple to assemble with a store-bought crust and canned pie filling, yet it tastes like it's made from scratch.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling, lemon juice and cinnamon; spoon
- into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown
- sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts, oats and coconut;
- sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown,
- covering edges loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if
- necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 304 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.