All-Star Apple Pie Recipe
"My two boys, Ben and Andy, made this scrumptious apple pie with a sweet, crunchy topping," relates Cindy Glick of Bradford, New York. It's simple to assemble with a store-bought crust and canned pie filling, yet it tastes like it's made from scratch.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling, lemon juice and cinnamon; spoon into pastry shell. In a small bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in nuts, oats and coconut; sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown, covering edges loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as All-Star Apple Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p42
Reviews for All-Star Apple Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2011
This is my all time favorite apple pie recipe. I've made it several times & always gets lots of compliments!