All-Day Soup Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 medium red potatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. In a large skillet, brown steak and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1-3/4 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium broth and reduced-sodium tomato soup) equals 279 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.