- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 medium red potatoes, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a large skillet, brown steak and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for All-Day Soup
"This soup was absolutely delicious! I followed the recipe and cut and browned the flank steak. Instead of cooking it in a crock pot, however, I baked it in a dutch oven at 370 degrees for 4 hours. The meat was very tender and tasty. The soup had a lot of flavor and I enjoyed the cooked cabbage in this recipe."
"wonderful!! I did cut back to one can tomatoes, not big fan, and added some spices while cooking meat! Fixing again today, 4th time! thanks so much"
"Very good! I love crock pot recipes, and this is one of my favorite soups to make."
"I followed this recipe as written and had a Happy family. My 9 year old said it was the best soup/stew I'd ever made. Very happy to make this again soon."
"I made some changes to this recipe the second time I made it, and it was better. I used Italian-herbed tomatoes, a bit more sugar, a little less Italian seasoning. Tonight I'm going to substitute Swiss chard for the cabbage to make it even heartier. I'm tempted to add kidney beans, but will probably do that next time. Nice, versatile recipe for a cold snowy day."
"Loved it! One of the betters soups I've made in a long time."
"We really liked this soup. I was concerned that my kids would complain about the cabbage, but they didn't even notice it! I did all the prep the night before and just put it all in the crock pot in the morning. I'll probably add some corn and green beans next time."
"This is a great hearty soup! Loved it!!"